Software Engineering Intern
- Baltimore, MD
Description:Here at Lockheed Martin, we are working on many exciting programs and developing cutting edge products and applications to meet the complex and evolving needs of our customers. We are looking for talented software engineers to join our team, working with other engineering disciplines to help develop many best-in-class products and solutions. The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
Candidates pursuing bachelors or master's degrees in computer science or software, computer or electrical engineering or related disciplines should explore the opportunities available in the Baltimore Software Engineering organization.
An intern in this position will work closely with a team of engineers on a formal government contract or internal investment effort in one or more of the following areas: naval machinery control systems, military missile launching systems, missile avionics, simulation or analysis automation.
Software Engineering tasks include: requirements analysis, design, code, software unit test, documentation review and update, testing of recent engineering releases, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports found during testing, providing written and verbal status of testing progress to the concurrent engineering team and providing suggestions for problem trouble report resolution.
These positions are located in Baltimore, MD.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
• Candidates must have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance to at least the Secret level.
• Desired skills include Java, C++, C, scripting, and web services. Experience using IDE tools (such as Eclipse) in a Linux environment is also desired.
• Domain experience in software diagnostics, GUIs, cybersecurity, virtualization, automation, networks, database, etc. are all possible areas of focus at our location.
• Experience in an agile development environment is a plus as well.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top