Software Engineering Intern
Description:The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Mission Systems and Software to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position is with the Advanced Development Programs Common Systems group in Fort Worth, TX. This position requires a software engineer to work with an embedded software development team. The team uses a wide application of modern technical principles, theories, and concepts in the embedded software field to develop, integrate, and test open mission systems software products that can be applied to air and ground-based systems.
The candidate will be responsible for embedded software development, mission computer hardware specifications and design, and low-level hardware/software integration. The candidate will be responsible for all phases of developing and maintaining mission system software and leading efforts. Candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and flight test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
The successful candidate will work with a high-performing multi-site, multi-program team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills as the position will require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer interactions. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited college in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- Experience with C/C++, Java
- Experience with XML based open standards, modular open mission systems architectures, Common Software Baseline processes, and Agile processes and tools
- Recent work experience with embedded architectures, single board computers, hardware and software in the loop implementation and testing
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with all phases of the Software Engineering Process from requirements generation, through development, integration, and test
Back to top