Software Engineer Staff - Clearance Required
- Colorado Springs, CO
There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
AND WHERE THE SOLUTIONS DON'T EXIST? WE INVENT THEM.
So, if you're looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you're looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you're looking for a career that's just as fun as it is hard work, well...you know.
Join us today and let's make a difference together.
The Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications Experimentation Laboratory (C2BMC X-Lab) is a very fast paced and dynamic environment. The X-Lab is responsible for developing and integrating future-capability prototypes for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) including Sensor/Weapon Integration, Algorithm Development, User Interface Development and other critical leading-edge missile defense technologies. The X-Lab has a need to augment the team with a mid-level software engineer that holds a Secret clearance (TS/SCI desired).
As a Software Engineer, your primary responsibility is to work as a member of the X-Lab software development team to develop and test innovative solutions in support of X-Lab projects and experiments.
This position will focus on the integration of the R&D systems into C2BMC and will contribute to other ongoing X-Lab projects as needed. Including the assessment on how the C2BMC prototype system performs using state vectors, integrating source tracks into the prototype and assessing track processing results, generating and assessing concurrent radar and sensor tracks during M&S and live flight test events, and enhancing experimental prototypes based on results of these activities. The Software Engineer will apply these results to identify and work to enhance C2BMC for future operations. The Software Engineer must possess an understanding of software development processes and principles and be able to communicate the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and system users. The Software Engineer should be comfortable with rapidly changing requirements, design challenges that require novel solutions, fast-paced activities, and tight deadlines.
- Full cycle software engineering of new capabilities
- Basic Systems Engineering understanding to drive software design
- Software development with Java (or other object-oriented language)
- Object-Oriented development principles and patterns
- Generate detailed and repeatable tests
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Must currently possess a Final Secret clearance
The primary work location is the Missile Defense Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC) located on Schriever AFB, CO. The following knowledge base and/or skills are desired for the Software Engineer:
- Test driven development and continuous integration
- Software architecture design
- Service Oriented Architecture development principles
- Ability to refactor code for reusability, readability, and maintainability in an object-oriented codebase
- Application deployment, integration, and troubleshooting
- Operating systems experience with Windows & Unix/Linux
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE, Maven, and Git
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews
- Ability to extract data to support analysis
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Implementation of algorithms
- Messaging interface development
- Theory and application of the BMDS
- Theory and application of command and control systems
- Theory and application of track correlation algorithms
- Familiarity with Link-16, including content, transmission rules, etc.
- Experience with COTS and FOSS
- Using the Agile methodology for software development
- Experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers to develop solutions that includes a background in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrated contributions to object-oriented software development and testing that included the ability to analyze high level needs and defined a structured and logical approach to refine the capability into an integrated set of requirements that led to a fielded product.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly present technical approaches and findings, and have experience in writing and implementing engineering plans within a project.
- Experience in working on IRAD-type projects.
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you'll have generous benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you're new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there's likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top