Software Engineer Staff
Description: This is an exciting software development position within the growing Space Security division within Mission Solutions. The successful candidate will serve as a software developer for a team tasked with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing web services and user interfaces to meet mission needs. Candidate should have background in software architecture/design/development in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or OpenStack. Experience with database architecture (including relational and NoSQL databases) and publish/subscribe style messaging is also desired.
The successful candidate will have a commendable work ethic, good communication skills, a great attitude, be a result oriented team player, creative thinker and problem-solver, and follow all ethical standards of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: - Current TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience developing and deploying apps to the cloud
- Experience in refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during cloud migration activities
- Experience integrating disperse systems via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
- Experience with database architecture / design
- Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
- Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
- Demonstrated proficiency (8+ years of experience) in software development
- Solid understanding (3+ years of experience) of open architecture, cloud computing design, and security principles
- Experience designing and implementing web-based User Interfaces (5+ years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge/experience (3+ years of experience) with cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services or OpenStack)
- Demonstrated understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top