Software Engineer Staff
- Huntsville, AL
Description:TheThe coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That's why we're able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It's why we're investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We've made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It's not easy - but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world's most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with perfection and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Candidate will provide support to the program software team for the analysis, design, and test of the system software. Primary responsibility is to support embedded software and Hardware-In-The-Loop testbed development. Responsibilities include software architecture and design definition, flight software design and implementation, algorithm/software requirements definition, and support for HWIL testing. Demonstrated experience with FSW architectures and deployment in missile, spacecraft, or avionics application is highly desired. The candidate must function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
You will typically have a bachelor's degree and 9 years of professional experience for this role.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Must have applicable experience in embedded software, with broad technical skills and development experience throughout a program life cycle. Demonstrated ability to develop FSW architectures.
- Demonstrated experience developing embedded FSW in C++
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of embedded FSW for missile, spacecraft, or aircraft avionics applications.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
- Current DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with missile or missile defense systems
- Experience with THAAD flight software and TMSIM
- Experience with integrating autocode into embedded applications (autocoding)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top