Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer
Description: This position is with the Advanced Development Programs U-2 Program in Palmdale, CA. This position requires an experienced software engineer to work with the Software and Avionics teams to define, develop and integrate Open Mission Systems (OMS) subsystems and capabilities. Hardware and software teams will be adopting modern technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop, integrate, and test OMS software products that must also integrate with legacy avionics functions.
As part of a significant avionics and mission systems upgrade, the candidate for this position will define and implement software for single board mission computers in a virtual machine environment with primarily Ethernet data transfers. Possible assignments may include software development for single board computers with discrete, analog, and synchro signal interfaces.
Candidate responsibilities will span the software development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and flight test support. Integration activities with other team members will include multiple mission systems in laboratory environments and on the aircraft.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret security clearance to start.
Desired Skills: Demonstrated experience with the following:
• Open Mission Systems or Open System Architecture
• Knowledge of analog, discrete, and synchro signal interfaces
• Software development in a Windows or Linux environment
• Configuration, deployment, and creation of virtual machines and hypervisors, as well as development of software for virtual machines
• Developing software to meet cybersecurity requirements
• The software development process in a team environment (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking)
• Service Oriented Architecture development or Distributed Programming
• Configuration management
Must also demonstrate the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a STEM discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience with embedded processing using real-time operating systems
• Software development experience with C/C++
• Familiarity with network protocols and related performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top