Software Engineer (Skill Level 1)
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
As a software engineer, Lockheed Martin invites you to create "new realities," enabling solutions that have never been seen before. You'll work with fast-paced teams on diverse challenges, from creating out-of-the-box Web apps to designing software for legendary advanced projects. Whatever the project, you can rely on the backing of a global technology leader with a culture that values innovative thinking and the resources that make it happen. Stand on the shoulders of a rich heritage of achievement as you write our next chapter.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in our Annapolis Junction, MD office. The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Seven (7) years' experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top