Software Engineer - Level 3
- Fort Worth, TX
Description:Software Engineer - Level 3
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
This Software Engineer will be working with the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Protection Technology team in Ft. Worth, Texas. Position responsibilities will be focused on software development and integration on embedded hardware.
- Required to design, implement, integrate and debug software in addition to producing associated documentation in accordance to the level and details required by the project.
- Develop and debug real-time embedded software as well as develop and execute unit, CSCI and system level test procedures. Integration activities will involve a variety of target systems including actual, simulated and laboratory systems.
- Required to apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle and ensure the standards are met.
- Required to correct program errors, prepare operating instructions, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Required to support product demonstrations and customer meetings and addressing customer feedback in a timely manner.
- Some travel within the US is required.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
* Candidates must qualify for a DoD Secret clearance prior to starting and be able to obtain a DoD Top-Secret clearance with SAP/SAR. Applicant selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and must maintain eligibility for continued access to classified information throughout their employment as required by the job.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
-- Expert knowledge with the 'C' and C++ program languages.
--Relevant experience developing low-level device driver software.
--Relevant experience with embedded software development tool sets, and file formats. (compilers, linkers, debuggers, profilers)
--Knowledge of Embedded Computer Architecture & Organization
-- AGILE Software Development Methodologies
-- Experience with both real-time and near real-time software development utilizing both Linux and Windows based systems is highly desired.-- . Relevant work experience with avionics embedded architectures and low-level service/middleware software development is desired.
-- Experience with FPGAs and FPGA tool sets, custom IP and softcores (e.g. Microblaze, and Nios II)
-- Experience with embedded operating systems and boot loaders.
-- Experience building a complete and bootable Linux environment for an embedded system with tools such as Buildroot is desired.
-- Knowledge of cryptography, cryptographic key management, and protection technologies is desired.
--Applicants must have the ability to work under only general direction, and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
--Candidate must be dedicated, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, work well with other engineers, and be willing to accomplish program goals within cost and schedule.
--Ability to work in a small team environment
--Ability to learn new procedures and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top