Software Engineer - Java, Python, BDA, C++
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future! The information below provides the primary job description and responsibilities for this position.
SSC seeks an experienced Software Engineer for its Sunnyvale, CA location on the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) program.
The candidate will support the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRs) SBIRS Auxiliary Support Center (SASC) environment. This position receives day-to-day operations guidance from OSL Chief Engineer and will lead small to medium factory infrastructure software development, update and integration projects across development, production and sustainment domains creating schedules, assigning resources and guiding project to completion by ensuring organization tasking remains on-track while fulfilling hands-on software development responsibilities.
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Desired Skills: - Experience working in a virtual environment using VMWare and/or OpenStack to maintain operational platforms and a Continuous Integration (CI) environment.
- Maven 3.x
- REST / JSON frameworks
- JDK 1.7/1.8
- Atlassian software management suite: Confluence, Jira, Fisheye/Crucible, and BitBucket.
- Understand the application of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) to solve architecture problems.
- Experience developing applications that use software message busses such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka.
- Knowledge of Python and shell scripting.
- Experience working with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience developing or maintaining UI using Django framework.
- Experience managing satellite telemetry.
- Expressed interest in validation and examination of 3rd party agile programming methodologies and corresponding products.
- Expressed interest AI practices and in migrating sequential serial telemetry to modern data-driven and processing architectures leveraging BDA and corresponding tools: Hadoop, Kafka, Apache ATLAS, Spark, Splunk, Cloudera.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to perform job duties independently with minimal supervision and following Chief Engineer defined priorities leading projects from inception to completion ensuring cross organizational tasks remain on-track and within schedule identifying and escalating cost/schedule impacts and issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to provide occasional 24x7 on-site support to mission critical systems and user support.
- Recent coding experience in one or more: development and release of Java (1.7/1.8) based products, Python, C++, Software as a Service (SaaS), Big Data Analytics (BDA) tools / methodologies, container development/implementation, object-oriented polymorphism, service architectures.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top