Software Engineer (Clearance Required)
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Description:This position is participating in our External Referral Program. If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3000 payment!
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new.
NOTE: This position requires an active Department of Defense TS/SCI W/ Security Clearance and US citizenship for selection.
• 14 years experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR 4 years of additional Software Engineer experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
• Debug existing software and correct defects.
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top