Software Engineer (Clearance Required)
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
NOTE: This position requires an active Department of Defense TS/SCI W/POLY Security Clearance and US citizenship for selection.
• 20 years experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR 4 years of additional Software Engineer experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
• Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
• Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
• Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top