Software Engineer Associate
Description: Associate AF Developer
We are searching for a web application developer for the Automation Framework project team. Our developers work closely with customer representatives to develop cutting edge web-based tools to support the Lockheed Martin Space ATLO (Assembly Test and Launch Operations) test community as they build earth-orbiting and interplanetary spacecraft. This position offers exciting opportunities to use Agile software processes and modern web application technology and development tools.
• Develop quality software that is secure, performant and maintainable
• Work in a self-directed manner while coordinating with other developers to build quality software
• Document your work including tracking activities via JIRA, developer level documentation, and end-user documentation
• Thoroughly test your code using a combination of automated test tools and manual testing processes
• Coordinate directly with internal customers using Agile and iterative development processes
• Quickly become effective in the frameworks and technologies employed by the AF team
• Support installation and release of the software baseline
• Be flexible to perform additional assigned tasks as our products evolve
• Support LM Space test personnel using our software as they build, test and launch spacecraft
Desired Skills: • MVC development pattern
• Spring (e.g. Spring MVC, Spring Boot)
• RESTful Web Services / GraphQL
• Ajax (JSON or XML)
• ORM (e.g Hibernate)
• Java, Groovy, and Grails
• Software Test Tools (e.g. Junit, Spock)
• Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
• Version Control System (e.g. Git)
• Integrated Development Environments (e.g. IntelliJ IDEA)
• Web Containers (e.g Tomcat)
• Cloud (AWS, PaaS - OpenShift / Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Linux / Unix
• Highly collaborative, self-motivated, self-directed (able to work independently)
• Web development knowledge or experience including most of the following:
o Understanding of the HTTP Request / Response process
• Database knowledge or experience
• Must be a US Citizen and willing to obtain US Government Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top