Software Engineer Asc
- King of Prussia, PA
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Valley Forge, PA, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
RMS supports the warfighter and improves the defense of our nation through many programs in Valley Forge. Interested in ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Radar) programs? How about missiles and targeting systems such as JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile), TTWCS (Tomahawk Tactical Weapons Control System) or Aegis BMDS (Ballistic Missile Defense System)? What about aircraft like the F35 Lightning II or the P8 Poseidon and P3 Maritime surveillance and anti-submarine warfare platforms? Maybe you are interested in working on RF Communications and GPS technologies? We do it all here with small, high performing teams of enthusiastic engineers eager to solve the most challenging problems.
This position is for a software engineer to support the Aegis BMDS Mission Planner (MP) program in VF, PA. The candidate will work in an agile scrum development environment to design, develop and maintain technically complex software systems. Tasks can include defining sub-system architecture, performing detailed software design, generating design documentation, and software implementation and testing (to include developing unit tests). Works under general direction from senior team members to ensure product development is aligning with higher level program goals.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related discipline from an accredited University.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Secret level clearance
- Effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a local/virtual team environment
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Linux operating system experience
- Experience using C++ and/or Java
- Source Code Management (SCM) systems such as: GIT, ClearCase
- Bug tracking tools such as: JIRA, ClearQuest
- Experience/knowledge of software practices on large scale multiple baseline projects
- Scripting in Bash, Python
Back to top