Description: This exciting position is with the Skunk Works Mission Systems and Software team located in Fort Worth, Texas. This position is for an experienced Software Engineer to use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in the software field to develop solutions to complex problems within Advanced Development Programs (ADP).
The selected candidate will participate in integration and test of open architecture services within a Service Oriented Architecture framework. The candidate responsibilities will initially focus on Integration and Test and can span the complete system development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration, and flight test.
The selected candidate will be a member of a high-performing multi-site Agile team supporting multiple projects concurrently. The candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent internal interactions with project leads and other software engineers in the group. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Top Secret security clearance to start.
Desired Skills: • Experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
• Experience developing applications on Linux
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• Experience documenting designs using UML
• Experience with network based messaging using XML, XSD, and XSLT
• Experience capturing Software Requirements
• Experience with Virtualization Technologies
• Knowledge of Agile Principles and Frameworks
• Knowledge of Agile Tools (JIRA, Version One)
• Knowledge of Configuration Management Tools (Git, BitBucket, SVN)
• Ability to Travel
• Experience with Test Complete
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in
constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
• Experience developing software using C++ or Java
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top