Description: We are on a journey to Mars and we're closer than ever. Lockheed Martin built NASA's first Mars lander 40 years ago and has been a part of every NASA mission to the Red Planet. Join a talented team of Orion engineers engaged in the design and fabrication of the only deep space, human-rated spacecraft that will take humans farther than we have ever gone before. http://www.lockheedmartin.com/orion
This opening is for a FSW Senior Software Engineer for the NASA Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (Orion MPCV) Program supporting Orion Software Integrated Product Team (IPT).
The core responsibility for this role will be to develop and verify software using C++ and model-driven design methods for the Orion MPCV vehicle. Coding in C++ and leveraging related development tools and environments will be the major focus for this role.
Familiarity with the software development cycle and ability to apply design patterns and good coding standards is highly desired. Ability to perform static analysis, unit testing, functional testing and integration testing is key. Familiarity with real time embedded programming, and model driven development is a plus. Background in Agile methodologies is desired.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to details required to delivery flight ready products, and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment. In this role, you will be working in the development and test of software throughout the entire software development cycle and working in a collaborative team environment.
Desired Skills: • IBM Rhapsody / Model Driven development a plus
• Green Hills Integrity / Embedded programming a plus
• VxWorks programming a plus
• Experience with L2 and L3 network protocols, development, configuration and HW/SW integration a plus
• Experience in spacecraft avionics design and development; especially C&DH, GN&C, COMM and Instrumentation a plus
• Guidance, Navigation and Control experience a plus
• Propulsion knowledge/experience a plus
• Electrical Power Systems experience a plus
• Automated mission sequencing knowledge/experience a plus
• Fault Management Experience plus
• Spacecraft Safemode experiences plus
• General Orion experience a plus
• Greenhills Integrity 1788 partition and scheduling a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or closely related technical field with 5 years of software engineering/development experience or 3 years with a Master's degree, or a PhD with minimal related professional experience.
• Experience utilizing an integrated development environment (IDE) is required
• Familiar with Object Oriented Software Design is required
• A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing is required.
• The ability to work well in a team environment and independently is required.
• Proficiency with C / C++
• Python / Scripting Experience
• Test case, procedure development and execution experience
• Experience with software integration and debugging techniques
• Linux / Unix experience
• Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (such as Perforce, GIT, Tortoise SVN, or equivalent)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top