Description: The Persistent Data Transport (PDT) project operates within the Overhead Persistent GEOINT Architecture (OPGA). PDT is primarily responsible for storing and transporting offline "persistent" datasets to offline processing systems. PDT will use agile development methodology and leverage DevOps practices to develop and deliver a hybrid cloud / on premise system.
As a member of the Software Development Team you will be a critical member of the team coming up with creative, straightforward solutions to technical and user experience challenges. You will participate in the team's daily standups, testing, and demos. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Participates in agile software development activities.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to perform development, test functionality, and deploy operations.
- Providing continuous environment support to development, test, and operational environments to include application deployments.
- Developing unit tests to assist in maintaining code coverage.
- Mentors entry level/junior software developers.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: Experience developing, deploying, and supporting AWS based systems.
Demonstrated understanding of agile development within a scrum team.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Scrum Master Experience.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an engineering or scientific discipline.
Proficient in C++ software Development.
At least 5 years of experience in software development using one or more of the following languages: Java, C, C++, or Python programming experience.
Experience developing maintainable code, performing unit, integration, and regression testing, preferably in an automated environment.
Linux OS background.
Experience mentoring entry level or junior software developers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top