- King of Prussia, PA
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
• Within LM Space, the Death Valley program is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the program as a Software Engineer. This exciting position will fill a critical need in the new and emerging area of protecting space assets.
• As part of an Agile scrum team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks in various areas across the mission and collaborate with the development teams, contractors, customers, and subject matter experts.
• You will work closely with the Chief Engineer and Architect to support Customer design reviews, and various other milestone events.
This position provides the opportunity to be a part of the entire system engineering life-cycle, where the candidate will be able to apply their Software Engineering background at the lowest level all the way up through full system functionality. If you are looking for a new position in a fast-paced team environment, where every day brings a new challenge, and you want to support a critical space security mission, Death Valley is the program for you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Recent coding experience in C# or C/C++
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Active TS security clearance to start and maintain level of clearance throughout the course of employment
• Ability to obtain additional program accesses
• Experience with the Lockheed Martin Horizon software product line
• Domain knowledge of mission planning and scheduling
• Domain knowledge of command and control
• Security+ certification
• Experience with Git, JIRA, Confluence
• Experience working on an Agile scrum team
• Experience producing quality documentation
• Full development lifecycle experience
• Outstanding teamwork and communications skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top