Description:The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs) is seeking world class talent in Mission Systems and Software to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75+ year tradition of making history in advanced aircraft development.
The selected applicant will utilize advanced technical concepts in support of software products within Advanced Development Programs (ADP). The applicant will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and testing of airborne avionics embedded software, ground-based application software, and/or simulation software. Applicant must be able to support the full software development life cycle - including requirements and configuration management - and work in a mature software process environment. The position requires interfacing with various disciplines, including Systems Engineering and Integration & Test.
Applicant must be capable of independently designing and creating software solutions based on limited information on rapidly evolving projects. This role requires a highly motivated, organized engineer that is familiar with all aspects of mission systems development. Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The applicant may gain experience in avionics subsystems such as navigation guidance, data links, communication links, stores management, weapons integration, mission computers, electronic warfare, serial interfaces, analog and digital I/O, and networking.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or degrees with software background in Physics, Math, Mechanical, or related technical discipline.
- C/C++ languages and or Java
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Modular Open Mission Systems Development
- Agile Software Development
- Agile Process Tools (e.g. Version One)
- Requirements generation and system interface development
- UML design documentation
- XML technologies for configuration and run-time messaging, including schema (XSD) and transforms (XSLT)
- Object Oriented (OO) Design
- Real Time Operating System and PC development (Greenhills, Wind River, Red Hat)
- Linux Operating System
- Configuration Management Systems (e.g. ClearCase)
- Embedded software and systems design and integration
- Top Secret Clearance
Back to top