Description: The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Mission Systems and Software to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position is with the Advanced Development Programs Common Systems group in Fort Worth, TX. This specific position is for a software team lead who is an experienced software engineer to work with a highly energetic embedded software development team. The team uses a wide application of modern technical principles, theories, and concepts in the software field to develop, integrate, and test open mission systems software products that can be applied to air and ground based systems.
The candidate will be involved in three main areas - 1) Software Design, Development, and Integration 2) Project Leadership, and 3) Software Architecture. The candidate will be responsible for all phases of developing and maintaining mission system infrastructure, application, and simulation software. Candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system architecture and software design and implementation, integration and flight test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
The successful candidate will work with a high-performing multi-site, multi-program team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills as the position will require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer interactions. Willingness to travel for program integration and execution.
Demonstrated leadership experience is required. Experience with C++ and/or Java is required. Experience with XML based open standards, modular open mission systems architectures, Common Software Baseline processes, and Agile processes and tools is highly desired. The candidate must have experience with all phases of the Software Engineering Process from requirements generation, through development, integration, and test. In addition, recent work experience with hardware and software in the loop implementation and testing, and Open System Architecture development experience is a plus. Experience with supporting program leadership in proposals is also a plus.
The successful candidate will need to pass a security screening before interview.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret security clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
Desired Skills: • Active Secret clearance
• Experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
• Experience developing applications on Linux
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• Experience documenting designs using UML
• Experience with network based messaging using XML, XSD, and XSLT
• Experience capturing Software Requirements
• Experience with Virtualization Technologies
• Knowledge of Agile Principles and Frameworks
• Knowledge of Agile Tools (JIRA)
• Knowledge of Configuration Management Tools (Git, BitBucket)
• Ability to Travel
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
• Experience developing software using C++ or Java
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top