Software Development Engineer
Description: Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and flight test.
Responsibilities may span the avionics services, to include ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Top Secret clearance to start.
Desired Skills: Demonstrated experience with the following:
• Windows or Linux application or server-side development
• Development of real-time systems or use of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
• Developing software for air vehicle systems
• Service Oriented Architecture development or Distributed Programming
• Integrating hardware and software
• Rhapsody or other model-based software development
• C#, Python, and/or PERL
Must also demonstrate the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Ability to travel
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a STEM discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2+ years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Experience with programming software languages such as C, C++, Java, or a related language
• Experience with the software development process in a team environment (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top