Description: This Software Engineer position will support the SBIRS Mission Specific Vendor Plug-in (MSVP), related to the Standard Space Trainer (SST). This position is assigned to the SBIRS, Survivable, Endurable, Evolution (S2E2) Program. Responsibilities will include design, coding, debugging and integration of training system software. Responsibilities also include DR analysis and resolution, scrum participation, customer demonstration participation, collaboration with subcontractors, local engineers, and geographically dispersed teammates.
The candidate must work closely with team members in a dynamic and flexible environment, shifting between assignments to support changing program needs. The selected candidate will be a member of a high-performing multi-site team supporting both software development and test. The candidate must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent internal interactions with project leads and other software engineers in the group. Travel may be required on occasion to Colorado Springs, Aurora, and/or Greeley Colorado for team interaction and integration and test activities.
Desired Skills: • Standard Space Trainer (SST) Experience
• Experience coding in Java
• Previous experience with satellite ground system test
• Experience in Software Development processes and procedures
• Experience coding in C#
• Agile development lifecycle familiarity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
• Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members
• Anomaly capture and resolution
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top