- Herndon, VA
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, and we'll build a better tomorrow with you!
We are searching for Software Engineers to join our extraordinary team!
In this role, you will:
• Develop and maintain complex systems that involve integrating COTS, GOTS and Open Source components.
• Engineer, develop, integrate, and support deploying software solutions for specific user requirements not addressed in current baseline applications (one-off solutions), when necessary.
• Develop, test, schedule and coordinate as necessary, obtaining necessary approvals, and then deployment of all system software to customer's standards.
• Ensure the customer's configuration management practices are followed.
• Deploy customer-approved changes to the appropriate system and ensure that all customer-approved changes are performing as expected and providing the desired solution.
-Software experience writing in C or C++.
-Development understanding and platform internals experience with one of the following:
• Linux/UNIX (Desktop, Server, IoT)
-Software experience writing in Python.
-Ability to reverse code with iOS in x86 or ARM.
-Experience with writing effective OS level code and extensions (such as device drivers for networking, storage, audio, video, etc.).
-Software development experience including design, implementation, testing, analysis and debugging supporting CNO/CNE.
-Ability to work independently in fast paced development environment.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
•Paid time off
•25 three-day weekends
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top