Software Data Engineer
Description: This Lockheed Martin (LM) Enterprise Business Services (EBS) position will perform software engineering activities which prepare and manage the "Big Data"/Analytics data for the Space IT organization. Typical responsibilities consist of but are not limited to:
• Design, build and integrate data from various sources and formats
• Define and implement data components (data warehouses/data marts, extracts, etc)
• Manage Big Data resources to ensure availability, accessibility and smooth performance
• Develop and implement complex queries to support data needs
• Work with stakeholders including software developers, internal customers, and data scientist teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff
• Preference for candidate to be located in Littleton CO Deer Creek location, but willing to consider other Lockheed EBS locations.
Desired Skills: • Cloud - AWS and/or OpenStack
• PaaS (PCF, OpenShift)
• Web Services/API knowledge (REST, GraphQL)
• Experience with Data Streaming (e.g., Kafka)
• Common data transport formats (e.g., JSON, XML, Parquet, Avro, Proto Buf)
• Basic Linux sys admin knowledge
• Basic understanding of Data Science concepts
• Experience with Agile development processes
• Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
• Technical and analytical problem solving skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• An interest and capacity to learn new skill sets
• Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem (e.g., MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, HBase, Kudu, Impala, HDFS)
• Experience with Java and/or Python programming
• Experience with both SQL and noSQL databases
• Able to work in a team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top