Software Academy- Software Engineering Intern
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our world is a dynamic place, more so today than ever before. Come join us at Lockheed Martin Space as we design and build vital satellites, develop new technologies and craft new capabilities that protect our nation. If you love all things space and have the drive to tackle some of the nation's most important security challenges, then Space Systems is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters.
What does this role look like?
• Primarily collaborates with project leads and System Engineers for software architecture decisions.
• Perform software engineering lifecycle requirements following the program Software Development Plan (SDP) to include requirements analysis, object oriented analysis & design (OOD), code & unit test, integration, and support to formal test and delivery.
• Participate in technical reviews and audits of software products. Utilize Model Based Design approaches. Support development of complex system internal and external interfaces.
• This position requires interaction, planning and coordination with multiple software development, spacecraft engineering and data engineering/maintenance teams.
This opening supports a variety of Software Engineer intern positions in Colorado for our Software Academy Program. The Software Academy is an intern program to increase the pipeline of top talent from local Colorado universities.
Some of these positions may require security clearances and may be subject to security investigation.
Actively enrolled in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related degree program from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires US Citizenship.
• Attending a Colorado University
• JAVA, Python, C, C++, C#
• OS background to include Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows; Object Oriented Methodologies and UML Modeling Techniques.
• Fundamental knowledge of program planning principles.
• Experience developing real-time embedded software.
• Experience with single board computers and real-time operating systems.
• Hardware/software integration.
• Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems, hardware, telemetry, command & control.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
Back to top