Skunkworks Staff RF Engineer (Level 4)
- Palmdale, CA
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
For more than 75 years, Advanced Development Programs, also known as the Skunk Works®, has been making aviation history. Today we're seeking world class talent to solve some of the toughest technological challenges.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team's favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (4/10 Schedule)
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
Like a good chess game, at Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® we're always thinking five steps ahead. And in today's constantly changing and highly contested battlespace, staying ahead is critical. As a Skunk with our LO Radome team, you will work on revolutionary aircraft and technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible by joining the team building the world's most experimental aircraft and breakthrough technologies in abject secrecy at a pace impossible to rival.
As a Staff RF Engineer, and part of our greater Electromagnetics organization, your challenge will be to design, develop, and fabricate high quality, low observable (LO) products for our customers on time and within budget. You will also help drive technology development directions, and shape our RF technology development roadmap.
A Day in the Life:
At the Skunk Works, we have a rich history and an unmatched capability of using unconventional methods to achieve seemingly impossible breakthroughs-and we do it ahead of schedule. We call this unique design system Skunking. Skunking is quick, risk-tolerant and most importantly, smart.
As part of our LO Radome team in Palmdale your direct impact will span the technology development lifecycle, from conception to fabrication of high-quality low observable (LO) Radomes, LO Antennas, RCS Test Fixtures and RF Text Fixtures.
Your role will also bridge the gap between our senior designers and most junior designers, leading the subsystem of your program by encouraging collaboration and fostering transparency.
Beyond that, you will also
• Closely collaborate with our tightly intgrated Advanced Development Program (ADP) Teams.
• Conduct research and development efforts associated with Low Observable radomes, (LO) frequency selective surface (FSS), antennas, and LO hardware integration.
• Assist the Electromagnetics organization in defining, establishing, and maintaining its computational electromagnetic tools.
• Conduct system-level radome and antenna performance roll-up, low observable radome and antenna performance verification, and even full/large scale fixture design and test.
Motivated by seeing your hard work take flight, you are driven to see your concepts through fruition. As a leader you serve your team by mentoring and lending by example ensuring success. You believe in collaboration with your team and beyond, gaining multiple perspectives, and bringing everyone together to solve some of our customer's most difficult challenges. You are familiar with delivering reliable solutions on a tight schedule and crave a good challenge.
• Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering
• RF Modeling and Measurements Experience
• Minimum 9 years of relevant experience
• Radar or Antenna Design Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
• Expertise in the field of RADAR cross section (RCS) reduction of radomes and antennas
• Strong background in Radome/Antenna/RF Hardware integration on air vehicles
• Extensive Modeling Experience
• Active Secret Clearance Preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top