Site Assoc Manager - CSEDS test site
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is in support of the AEGIS program at CSEDS (Combat System Engineering Development Site). Will serve as the Facilities Engineering Associate Manager and will report directly to the CSED Site Manager. Will work with all members of the Facilities Engineering Team to include customers, peers, and subordinates. Will be responsible for leading a diverse group of engineering disciplines (project, electrical, mechanical, structural, controls) and is responsible for the operations engineering and operational support of the CSED Site. Other responsibilities include the leading and managing of employee's day-to-day activities, including tasking, priorities and the development and execution of operations engineering and maintenance, as well as engineering projects. Will be responsible for providing guidance and technical mentoring to staff, coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance management, reward and recognition. Will have an opportunity to use innovative approaches that help ensure efficient operation of the CSEDS infrastructure.
In this Facilities Engineering Associate Manager role, responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• Cost Account Manager. Manage team budget, control cost, and manage organization work performance to established metrics.
• Manage a cross-functional engineering staff within a matrix organization
• Define work priorities and coordinate scheduling maintenance projects and work requests
• Provide support for all maintenance operations including planned & unplanned utility outages
• Manage maintenance sub-contractors, monitoring work performed by vendors and/or subcontractors to determine adequacy of work relative to job specifications/scope, and recommends sub-contractor corrective actions as required
• Ensure maintenance operations comply with federal, state and local regulations.
• Provide knowledgeable application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement's (CBA) for ASPEP, IFPTE, and IUE
• Lead and/or support internal audits, state and federal safety audits or assessments
• Hire employees and develop personnel & departmental training plans
• Develop cost estimates for CSEDS projects
• Manage construction project design reviews and scope definition
• Manages PM and CM (Corrective Maintenance) work flow, maintenance history records, and warranty tracking
• Oversee Material Management crib inventory control spares acquisition and property coordinator function for CSEDS
• Act as primary contact for facility project activities and be responsible for multiple concurrent project logistics & leadership, communication, reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance
This Lockheed Martin Full Spectrum Leadership position will focus on the core imperatives of Deliver Results, Shape the Future, Build Effective Relationships, Energize the Team, Model Personnel Excellence, Integrity and Accountability.
Desired Skills: • Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of directly in facilities management
• Worked directly with Navy and/or government customer
• Strong project and schedule management skills
• Familiarity and detailed understanding of industrial facilities infrastructure operating process and procedures as it relates to Cranes, Boilers, Chillers, Fire Systems, Pumps, Large Overhead Doors, an Underground utility repairs and installation
• Ability to write clear, concise, detailed descriptive reports
• Experienced with and demonstrated ability to follow established standards, policy and procedures, including mechanical, controls, construction, safety, risk planning, security, and for meeting program requirements
• Experience leading and driving multiple concurrent project teams through project life cycles for successful on schedule and budget project completion.
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, recommends or lead operational change as technical leader, and can coach or assist other peers.
• In depth knowledge of building and construction codes
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Project Engineering background
• Industrial / Government facility engineering management experience
• Ability to motivate team building and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength.
• Construction background including managing and negotiating with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors, and subcontractors.
• Industrial/Government maintenance experience/knowledge
• Previous leadership in an industrial maintenance setting
• Experience in developing labor & material cost estimates for major maintenance projects & planned utility outages
• Computing skills with AutoCad, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) including MS Project.
• Strong Leadership skills
• Teaming Skills that enable effective work relationships with a wide variety of employees in multiple disciplines
• Knowledge of building and construction codes
• Experience in contractor oversight, contract management, and statement of work generation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top