Signal and Image Processing Manager
- Littleton, CO
Description:Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration, and seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then join Lockheed Martin Space's Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for as an Optical Payload Image Signal Processing Manager! OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems.
We are seeking a leader with a track record of delivering to technical, schedule, and financial commitments, and driving the best customer and enterprise value as a result. We want someone who demonstrates a breadth of technical knowledge across multiple functions and a variety of program experience. Our Signal and Image Processing Senior Manager is someone with outstanding interpersonal skills, and a validated ability to represent the organization to customers, employees, and partners.
More specifically, you will:
• Partner with Lines of Business (LOB), OPCoE Program Development, and OPCoE Payload Systems Engineering teams to develop image processing capability in a consistent manner to enable reuse across multiple programs
• Develop transition plans for low TRL products from the science and technology community
• Lead or support intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications
• In coordination with OPCoE Program Development, propose and execute IRAD projects with a goal of standardization and maturation
• Enhance relationships with strategic suppliers and other LM Business Areas (BAs) to compliment the in-house OPCoE team
• Perform as part of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) in cases where an OPCOE make is selected. Your team will support through all program phases and be responsible for development, qualification and flight as determined by the program
• Work closely with Payload IPTs leads and LOB leadership to understand mission drivers. Fold emerging mission trends into product roadmap to ensure a discriminating edge
• Implement and lead technical knowledge management to develop and maintain strengths, key technical skills, knowledge continuity and facilitate career advancement opportunities to employees
• Handle staffing requirements, sustain engineering capabilities and preserve critical skills
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline (i.e., electrical, computer science, or other engineering/science discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated experience with computer algorithms and signal/image signal processing
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and verification of signal and image collection systems
• Established experience in developing technical talent and building pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization
• US citizenship with an active Top Secret clearance
• Current TS/SCI preferred
• Experience working across space and ground applications. Our systems include ground-to-ground, space to ground (and vice versa), and space to space
• Experience in the development of processing and dissemination computer algorithms. Candidate will lead all aspects of a team that design, develop and analyze systems and algorithms for the extraction of information from signal and image sensors
• Experience in remote sensing; detection and estimation theories; morphological processing; neural networks; and utilization of signal processing within advanced computer architectures (i.e., GPUs)
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex technical issues/challenges
• Variety of customer experience and exposure across Space Lines-Of-Businesses
• 8 years of demonstrated technical expertise
• 3 years demonstrated hands-on expertise in space OR complex hardware/software systems
• Prior Full Spectrum Leadership roles with proven experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a multi-functional team environment
• Work with the OPCoE Chief Engineer, architects and Fellows to develop processing capabilities in accordance with Lines of Business (LOB) roadmaps and need dates
• Domain specialist for remote sensing, detection and estimation theories, morphological processing, speech processing, neural networks, electromagnetic and acoustic effects on signals, and utilization of signal processing with advanced computer architecture
• Provide significant impact to the enterprise through establishment of a dedicated team working to drive high TRL signal and image processing technology across programs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top