Senior Technical Exploitation Examiner
Description: As a cybersecurity professional at Lockheed Martin, you'll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you'll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you'll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.
• Conduct forensic examinations and exploitation of various types of digital media
• Conduct targeting, pattern of life analysis, behavioral analysis, link analysis and general intelligence analysis on information extracted from the media
• Conducting multi-source investigations using various databases to further evaluate finding, map relationships, determine foreign travel, analyze geo-location information, verify user attribution, and independently corroborate the user's background information
• Use a whole-person concept to assess an individual's overall behavior, honesty, integrity, judgement, reliability, authenticity and general motivations
• Using a broad understanding of intelligence collection capabilities and how that information can be used to validate a source
Experience requiring strong problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills
• Experience requiring strong analytic, research and investigative skills
• Experience requiring excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in intelligence reporting, investigations and/or targeting a plus
• Experience requiring the ability to design, implement and document computer forensics services to include evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis and data recovery
• Expert experience conducting advanced technical exploitation and computer forensic analysis of various digital media devices with focus on the user's authenticity, reliability, and indicators of hostile control
• Experience requiring excellent skills assessing the technical profile of the user by determining the user's technical abilities
• Expert experience answering any technical exploitation questions or requirements as defined by the customer. Report on any other items of interest found on a given device (ie: financial, travel, profile, background, intelligence interest, contacts, alcohol/drug use medical/psychological information, etc) Prepare both summary reports and detailed technical findings reports
• Experience conducting link analysis and pattern of life analysis
Performs network traffic analysis as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks. Reviews threat data and develops custom signatures for Open Source IDS or other custom detection capabilities. Correlates actionable security events from various sources. Understands attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats. Develops analytical products fusing enterprise and all-source intelligence. May conduct malware analysis of attacker tools and reverse engineer attacker encoding protocols. May design, develop, document, test, and debug software supporting cyber security operations. Utilizes domain knowledge to develop systems and exploitation methods for use in cyber security missions. Applies technical penetration testing tactics, techniques and procedures identifying security rigor, attack vectors, and effective remediation steps. May perform various aspects of penetration testing across a wide variety of platforms and technologies using ?Red Team? methodologies.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top