Senior Systems Engineer - Transition Lead
- Littleton, CO
Description:Are you prepared to take your career to new heights?
Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation's space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you've played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to become a member of the Systems Design and Integration Team.
As a Systems Engineer - Transition Lead, you will:
• Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system level design and decomposition into requirements
• Perform system analysis and interface definition and management/ execution
• Create and maintain engineering requirement documentation, procedures and source data; process and document the system from development, manufacturing and fabrication to production and testing, deployment, and operational support
• Lead studies and system trades for enhanced capabilities
• Perform systems/hardware integration, test planning and execution
• Develop plans to on-ramp new mission capabilities while protecting the primary mission
• Lead and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
• Lead failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and one or more Systems Integration functions including:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e.) Design reviews
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph, and additional candidate screening will apply
• Experience with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration, test, with knowledge of space, and launch systems at the component through system level
• Experience transitioning a spacecraft system from development to operations
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with others
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top