Senior Systems Engineer - Launch System Integration
- Littleton, CO
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation's space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you've played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.Lockheed Martin is looking for a highly motivated Engineer to become a member of the Design and Team.
As a Engineer for Launch , you will:
• Establish architecture and CONOPS, perform level design and decomposition into requirements
• Perform analysis and interface definition and management/ execution
• Participate in studies and trades for enhanced capabilities
• Perform /hardware , planning and execution
• Develop plans to on-ramp new mission capabilities while protecting the primary mission
• Participate in and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
•Participate in failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience with one or more functions including:
a.) trade studies and/or modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) , and/or Verification
d.) planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
• Knowledge of the process including trade studies, design reviews and verification
• Active /SCI clearance with polygraph, and additional candidate screening will apply
• 3+ years with spacecraft architecture design, development, , , with knowledge of space launch at the component through level
• design and experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Demonstrated behaviors of a thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top