Senior Systems Engineer
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
We are seeking a systems engineer to integrate Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components with Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software into small self-contained systems. Systems will be deployed to remote field locations and will need to accommodate varying site-specific requirements.
Desired Skills: - Knowledge of Linux configuration and administration
- RF knowledge (antenna selection, cable loss, filter selection)
- Networking knowledge LANs/WANs
- System power design and wiring (DC power & 1/3-phase AC)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to visualize and draw system drawings for fabrication and maintenance
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radios
- Cisco & Netgear switch configuration and administration
- Linux security concepts (server certificates, SSH, auditing/logging)
- Linux kickstart creation and usage
- Component/Server heat generation and cooling
- Component reggedization techniques
- Software encryption and IPSEC/VPN concepts
Fourteen (14) years engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top