Senior Systems Administrator *$10K sign on eligible*
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Description:This job may be eligible for a $10K sign on bonus for external hires!
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Configures and manages and operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
This job may be eligible for a $10K sign on bonus for external hires!
Ten (10) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides in-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems
- Configures and manages and operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Three (3) years experience in the following:
- TCP/IP, networks; computer configuration skills; remote manipulation of systems (FTP, mapping drives, share accounts); remote monitoring and administration
- Sun Solaris, HP-, Linux, VMS, and operating systems to include shell scripting and XML
- Cisco equipment and router operations
- Smart data tagging; virtual computing; thin client applications
- IAVA security patches; NISIRT
- Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- HF/VHF/UHF DF, Geo-Location, and collection systems VSAT communications including data encryption devices and WAN interfaces
- Linux system administration, UHF/VHF DF collection systems, shell scripting, XML
- Familiarity with USSID CR 1610
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top