Senior Staff Electro-Optical Engineer, Camera Electronics
- Broomfield, CO
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration? Do you like seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space's Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as a Staff Electro-Optical Engineer!
The Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our members integrate authorities across the nation, within Lockheed Martin, our industry partners and leading research universities, into one fast-acting, collaborative group.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include being the Certified Principal Engineer (CPE), and:
• System interfaces including structural attachment for installation, thermal characteristics, chassis design
• Specification and selection of COTS (Commercial-off-the-Shelf), ROTS (Ruggedized-off-the-Shelf), NDI (Non-Developmental Item) and/or custom components
• Requirements review
• Test procedure development and execution
• End-of-life assessments, impact and resolution
• Support of environmental test and analysis
• Lead trade studies to identify appropriate technology
• Participating in Integrated Product Teams, review boards, and customer reviews
• Prepare and present electrical designs as part of customer design reviews
• Subcontractor oversight
We are looking for a strong background in electro-optical engineering with experience in systems engineering and systems thinking. You should demonstrate effective verbal communication, develop concise and professional technical presentations, and deliver briefings to peers, leadership, and US Government customers. We are seeking a new colleague who is willing and able to work in a classified environment. Keys to success in this role are strong prioritization skills, the ability to establish & delegate changing tasks, coordinate with technical & non-technical leaders, and the ability to seek solutions to technical and non-technical problems outside of domains of expertise. We are looking for demonstrated ability to lead technical complexity across disciplines, identify and mitigate technical and programmatic risks, identify and gather technical and business opportunities.
You would typically have a Bachelors and 14-20 years of professional experience, a Masters and 12-18 years, or a PhD and 9-15 years.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Hardware product development experience
• Experience with FPGA and/or ASIC technology
• Digital hardware design/development
• Embedded systems architecture development, hardware, software, and/or firmware design
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
• Systems engineering life-cycle process implementation
• Requirements definition and specification
• Participation in the full product development life cycle of a project
• Project management experience
• Digital hardware acceptance & operability testing
• FPGA/CPLD firmware development (Verilog/VHDL)
• MATLAB algorithm design/modeling
• MATLAB system performance analysis
• Verification of DSP software, firmware & hardware
• Digital signal processing architecture design
• Component/Subsystem test and validation
• High speed digital printed circuit board design
• Embedded C/C++ real-time software development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top