Senior Software Reverse Engineer *$10K sign on eligible*
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Description:This job may be eligible for a $10K sign on bonus for external hires!
As a cybersecurity professional at Lockheed Martin, you'll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you'll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you'll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.
•Position located in Bethesda, MD
• Isolate, review, analyze, reverse-engineer, and modify malicious and non-malicious programs and applications
• Write and produce technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the assessed software and applications suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Work deep within the boot-process kernel and system internals using tools like IDA Pro, debuggers, and in-target probes to research the behavior of binaries
• Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution
• Share knowledge by clearly articulation ideas through papers and presentation to technical staff, management and Government decision makers
• With COR approval, participate in working groups, sponsor meetings, proposal writing and conferences
• Provide detailed understanding of how various software-based attacks work at the memory and register level
•Perform in-depth analysis (dynamic/static) on malicious software (ie: bots, worms, trojans) resident on Microsoft Windows and -based platforms to provide actionable intelligence and, as appropriate, provide remediation recommendations
• Analyze, disassemble and reverse engineer software binaries; document and transition results in reports, presentations and technical exchanges
• Design, prototype, document, test and transition code analysis methods and tools appropriate for operational use
• Proactively identify, define and advocate reverse engineering and analysis processes, approaches, and concepts to enhance/improve technical exploitation efforts
• Adequately explain, present, demonstrate (when applicable) and document the operational impact of a particular vulnerability
• Identify, define, determine origin and report on malware and other select software found on media of interest
This job may be eligible for a $10K sign on bonus for external hires!
• Position requires TS/SCI with CI poly
• Advanced/Expert experience with reverse engineering and network security tools, including IDA Pro, GDB, WinDdg, YARA, Windows Sysinternals, Kali, and/or Wireshark
• Expert level programming knowledge/experience with either Windows Kernel, C, C++, Python and/or Assembly Language and the ability to work in a team environment using modern version control systems
• DoD 8570 compliance
• Advanced/Expert level experience in hardware configuration and network/data communications and protocols
• Advanced/Expert level experience in software development and scripting
• Advanced/Expert level experience conducting intelligence analysis and writing finished intelligence reporting
• Experience requiring a thorough understanding of compiler specifics, operation system concepts, security models and causes of most vulnerabilities and how to exploit them. Preferably experience coding and disassembling software on both Windows and or other BSD and Unix variants
• Advanced/Expert experience and knowledge of the types and techniques of cyber exploitation and attack, including virus, worm, trojan horse, logic bomb, and sniffer to identify, quantify, prioritize, and report vulnerabilities in various architectures, networks, communications, applications, and systems
• Experience establishing defense mechanisms to detect and deflect cyber attacks on networks and communications systems and structures and designing and evaluating applications that are secure from known and potential methods of cyber attack
• Experience coordinating systems implementation activities with key personnel to ensure the successful transition from development to implementation and operation present and defend a position and to communicate with government and contractor team members
• Experience with virtualization, driver programming and debugging
• Experience with ethical hacking and/or testing software vulnerabilities
• Advanced/Expert experience with diagnosing and debugging software systems
• Contractor may have experience with computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit / Autopsy
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top