Senior RF Engineer / Hardware Design / Grand Prairie, TX
- Grand Prairie, TX
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking to hire a seasoned RF engineering professional at our campus in Grand Prairie, Texas. We offer an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting edge design and genuine hands on electronics laboratory testing and product development. This exciting role will offer the opportunity to work with our top industry leading RF and electrical engineering hardware design professionals. This RF engineering role is ideally suited for an RF professional who is a hardware design and integration enthusiast.
The RF engineer may focus on any of the following tasks or technologies depending on our evolving business or programmatic needs: Radar Systems, RF Systems, Detailed RF Circuit Design, RF systems integration, RF Receivers design, Seekers design, Telemetry, and others.
The RF Engineer will need knowledge and experience in RF and/or radar analysis with a strong working knowledge of architecture. The engineer will need to be able to perform trade studies and provide recommendations to the IPT leadership and our chief engineer. This position involves technical leadership of suppliers, including sufficient knowledge of their designs to review and recommend changes, along with individual contribution through analysis, hands-on integration and test, and occasional design/architectural solutions of existing systems.
Major duties for our RF engineer will include:
• Supporting multiple integrated product teams as the RF engineer on the program
• Supporting requirements derivation to subsystem designs
• Supporting trade studies, presentations, proposals and related activities as required
• Technical design review of suppliers
• Travel to customer locations and field tests
• Travel to subcontractors for reviews, troubleshooting, and acceptance testing
The engineer will apply technical expertise, and have solid knowledge of other related disciplines. The engineer will develop technical solutions to problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
The engineer will have an opportunity to mentor less experienced engineers on our team. The engineer will contribute to proposals and may participate on business capture efforts. The engineer will collaborate with other engineering disciplines to include hardware engineers, systems engineers, and circuit design engineers as well as technicians and manufacturing support personnel. The engineer may have the opportunity to attend industry conferences and to keep up-to-date on related industry best practices and technological advancements.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Click here to find out more about being an Engineer at Lockheed Martin
• Basic Qualifications for this position will include a BS degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and 5 years of professional level experience or a Masters level degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and 3 years of professional experience.
• A keen interest in electromagnetics and RF technologies is a core requirement for this role.
• Must be familiar with RF circuit design and components to include RF PWB production issues, RF circuit testing and troubleshooting and RF Antenna knowledge, enough to work with the supplier
• Demonstrated ability to perform design from RF system/subsystem performance requirements
• Ability to use RF test equipment and design tools to support integration and test (EMD phase) data processing and analysis
• Experience with MatLab
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint skills
• Ability to assist with supplier designs
• Ability to work well in an interdisciplinary environment
• Clear, confident, concise, coherent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to travel to customer locations and field tests
• Strong organization skills
• Eligible to obtain a secret clearance
• An MS level degree in electrical engineering may be desirable.
• RF system and subsystem design, integration, and test
• Radar systems analysis using Excel and MatLab
• CFAR analysis
• Experience with CST Studio Suite modeling tool is desired
• Experience with ANSYS's HFSS modeling tool is desired
• Experience with PSpice would be a plus
• Producibility analysis
• Software driven radar operations
• Radar Range equation (2-way)
• Signal processing (modulation schemes, etc)
• ESA antenna calibration
• Laboratory experience with Microwave tube technology
• Laboratory experience with Electronically Scanned Arrays
• Familiar with typical defense-industry business practices
• Experience with creating presentation charts and general status reports, and delivering presentations to customers Experience conducting manpower estimating
• Experience with writing white papers for proposals
• Experience with developing and implementing corrective action plans
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top