Senior Radar Systems Engineer - International Systems
- Moorestown, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Radar Systems Engineering within the Mission Systems Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking a candidate to support the design, integration, and test verification of high performance Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel is required.
The Radar System Engineer will:
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions.
- Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop models and detailed simulations to assess system performance.
- Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
- Conduct system verification and support certification activities.
- Represent the organization on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters.
- Ability to travel domestically and possibly internationally as needed to support site installs, checkout and integration testing.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent combined with 6+ years of related experience.
- Functional knowledge of Radar systems, subsystems and components.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: system analysis, architecture, requirements development, design, modeling and simulation, or integration and test.
- Flexibility to work non-standard work shifts as required by the supported program.
- High proficiency in MATLAB, C++ or Python.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Radar systems development experience including algorithms, software, data analysis, and modeling and simulation.
- Hands-on experience with antenna testing including near-field and far-field measurement techniques.
- Experience in Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) and Anti-Aircraft Warfare (AAW) concepts and design implementation.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Technical leadership experience with program execution.
- Demonstrated analytical, applied mathematics and problem-solving skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top