Senior Manager Organizational Effectiveness
Description: This role reports to the Director of T&OC for Enterprise Operations (Corporate Functional groups at Lockheed Martin). This leader will have strategic and tactical responsibility to drive and coordinate organizational effectiveness initiatives and the EO OD portfolio with measurable results. In addition the responsibilities for this role includes:
• Partner with a Function's HR Business Partners and other key leadership stakeholders within EO to design, develop, and implement organizational development and change management strategies to increase productivity, enhance organizational performance, and help EO achieve its strategic objectives.
• Strategically partner with Corporate COE teams to define and execute sound organization development practices that help drive EO's business success
• Develop consistent EO methodologies - Strat Planning, Org Design, Change Management and meeting facilitation that supports increased effectiveness of HREO operating and engagement model
• Design and deliver on plans to educate HRBPs and Leaders on OD methodologies and capabilities to broadly increase OE/OD capabilities increasing overall HREO effectiveness and creating scale
• Consult with Senior leadership to understand and develop OE and Strategic Planning solutions
• Directly manage large scale and sensitive change management, organizational design/re-design, teambuilding/team effectiveness projects
• Ensure effective coordinate and alignment of project and change management plans, communication, and related efforts with Functional, HR and Corporate initiatives.
• Function as an integrated part of a Talent and Organizational Capability Development team where integrated and aligned talent management, learning, organization design, team effectiveness and change management solutions enable the success and achievement of organizational business objectives
• Represent Enterprise Operations as change manager and Subject Matter Expert for enterprise COE projects
• Provide leadership and strategic direction to OE and Learning professionals/team on goals, objectives, assignments, accomplishments, values, practices and behaviors via staff meetings, group discussions, and one-on-one meetings; and support the development of team through mentoring, coaching, and sponsoring participation in development activities.
Desired Skills: • Effectively and consistently navigates ambiguous project environments; organizes work efforts and deliverables with a concern for order, quality, and accuracy
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills as demonstrated by the ability to think deeply and systemically about business problems, breaking down problems and presenting creative solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option.
• Strong executive presence including capability to successfully engage with the highest levels of leadership.
• Experience building professional business relationships with executive leaders, Sr. leaders, and HR peers
• Strong project management skills to coordinate actions from across the enterprise and deliver timely, quality products. Bias for urgency in meeting deadlines
• Track record of setting stretch goals and delivering on commitments.
• Ability to build a strong business case and "burning platform" and communicating to all key stakeholders to build urgency and engagement
• Adapt and develop world-class best practices inside the organization to create significant competitive advantages by improving efficiency and accountability.
• Demonstrated ability to bring teams together rallying around the same goals while building and mentoring staff for the long-term success of the group. Experience working in and managing teams in a matrix organization structure
• BS/BA in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, or Industrial Psychology - to include at least five in Organizational Development and Design
• Minimum of 7-10 years acting as a consultant within a Corporate or Business Organizational Development/Capability organization with large or complex organizations with geographically disbursed team members and clients. Experience leading an enterprise-wide strategic initiative
• Proven track record in the execution of strategic and operational Organizational Development and Capability roles
• Sound understanding and demonstrated application of Organization Design, Change Management and Team Effectiveness practices and tools (i.e. Jay Galbraith's Five Star Model; PROSCI methodology and tools; Team effectiveness assessments-Strengths Finder, Parker Team Player, Lencioni-; Agile team practices and team development plans)
Proven ability to move between strategy and execution
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with the ability to execute with and through others while managing multiple projects and changing priorities.
• Experience working with senior management team
• Strong consultative and facilitation skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top