Senior Information Assurance Engineer
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The selected individual will work as part of the Systems Engineering organization, focused on Systems Security Engineering for DoD programs, and is responsible for supporting cybersecurity / information assurance (IA) and program protection efforts on various rotary / fixed wing programs. In this position, the individual will provide technical leadership on programs for program protection, security engineering designs and implementation of security controls. The candidate must be able to operate under general direction in a customer focused environment while demonstrating excellent internal and external customer communication/relationship skills. With programs focusing on the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, the candidate must be familiar with both RMF and the previous DIACAP standards.
The candidate may work on a variety of programs within the Owego facility, including Navy Helicopter (MH-60R/S), Presidential (VH-92) and Combat Rescue Helicopter (CRH) as well as a number of other emerging initiatives. Thus familiarity with aircraft systems and embedded software systems is highly desired. Major technical responsibilities of the position include:
• Identify technical and operational requirements to support development of secure solutions
• Support development of Program Protection Plans to include Critical Program Information (CPI) assessments and Anti-Tamper (AT) Plans
• Evaluate security controls to ensure compliance with applicable requirements and standards
• Perform security activities necessary to support the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of software applications and evaluate system changes to assess their impact on security and the mission.
The Locale: Owego, New York is located 15 miles east of Binghamton, NY and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, NY. Just north of the PA border, Owego is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier". The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours' drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
Desired Skills: • Security + and/or CISSP certification
• Some technical knowledge of fixed/rotary wing aircraft
• Experience with Secure Configuration/Hardening of DoD Information Systems
• Experience with system audit configuration, capture, analysis, and risk reduction
• Experience with software embedded systems
• Experience with program protection plans
• Familiarity with NIST SP 800-160
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field
• Must be able to obtain at minimum Security + certification
• Experience with employment of DoD IA requirements, policies, and processes to include certification and accreditation as part of DIACAP or RMF
• Experience conducting integration and system level testing on centralized security controls
• Understanding of computer systems, information security, systems security, and network architectures
• Demonstrated experience with risk and vulnerability assessments and mitigation
• Understanding of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top