Senior Hardware Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Description:Opportunity for candidates experienced in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines interested in putting their skills to work as a Senior Hardware Engineer.
In this role, you will apply best practices throughout the product life-cycle to help ensure that the hardware solution aligns with dynamic customer requirements. Baseline control and change management are critical.
Position spans the technology development life-cycle, including requirements generation, system design and documentation, hardware procurement, integration, and test of COTS/custom computing hardware in a military environment. Responsibilities include close involvement with cross-functional teams; design and development of hardware solutions; troubleshooting design issues; test planning/development/execution; and subcontractor oversight.
Also, you will provide oversight of technical, cost, and schedule performance for hardware development efforts within a program. Expected to communicate project status and technical issues. Frequent interaction with Program Management, Chief Engineering Organization, and the Customer.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Specification and selection of COTS, ROTS, NDI (Non-Developmental Items) and/or custom components (limited)
• Test Procedure development and execution
• Support of limited environmental test and analysis
• Ability to interpret a mechanical drawing
• End-of-life assessments and evaluations
• Leading trade studies
• Participating in Integrated Product Teams, review boards, and customer reviews
• Subcontractor oversight
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or in a related discipline from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
• Should be a self-starter and able to work independently and handle multiple hardware development aspects of a program
• Experience with authoring test procedures used by the Engineering team to test Hardware items
• Familiarity with operating basic software tools to test hardware functionality
• Able to interpret mechanical drawings
• Experience leading engineering projects
• Knowledge of computer system design (servers, switches, power, packaging)
• Leadership/Communication/Team Skills
• Experience in computing systems (Processing, Network, Storage, Display technologies)
• Adherence to military hardware design processes and specifications
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks
• Ability to obtain/maintain Secret clearance
• Strong knowledge of current computing market and products
• Experience developing server configurations
• Experience working with MILSPEC requirements
• Experience presenting to various size groups
• Familiarity with communications protocols such as USB, ethernet, serial and video
• Project management experience
• Contract experience
• Defense Industry design experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top