Senior Contracts Negotiator
- Titusville, FL
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Titusville, FL?
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy's mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
Interested in joining us as a Senior Contracts Negotiator? If so, your primary functions and responsibility of this position is to provide Contracts administration support by reviewing and interpreting contract requirements, contract change impacts, extending and administering Intra-Work Transfer Agreements (IWTAs) and requests for proposal / Rough Order of Magnitude (ROMs). You should be proficient in understanding contract terms, articulating those positions to the business and ensuring the program teams are able to effectively understand the impacts of the agreements reached with the Customer.
In this position you will work with minimal daily direction and take initiative to achieve results and envision solutions to resolve issues correctly in this focused, fast paced and dynamic contracting environment. You will play a key role in shaping the future of Lockheed Martin through gaining follow-on and new business as well as developing leaders within the organization.
In this role:
• You will negotiate, administer, extend, terminate and renegotiate standard and nonstandard contracts.
• You will manage, participate in and / or conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• You will evaluate contract performance to figure out necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
• You will ensure communications are maintained for timely contract execution by the parties.
• You will guarantee final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
• You may plan and participate in training of contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
• You will advise leadership and Program management of contractual rights, obligations and risks.
• You will compile and analyze data and maintain historical contract information.
• You will ensure contract responsibilities are aligned with LM Policies and Procedures and implementing business strategies for new business opportunities.
Minimal travel may be required.
If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and be required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
href=https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits>Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out
• Experience with DoD FAR/DFARS
• Experience collaborating with both internal/external customers
• Presentation development and delivery to key partners/management
• You will need to obtain a Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required
• Experience with US Navy Contracting agencies
• Self-motivated, Proactive, highly driven, focused
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top