Senior Circuit Design Engineer / VHDL / Verilog / Grand Prairie, TX
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Circuit Design Electrical Engineer to join our team at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX.
This exciting position offers an opportunity to work in a fast paced, high technology, high impact environment. This unique role will offer the engineer an opportunity to apply existing technologies in innovative ways to provide unique solutions to the most complex problems. In this position the engineer will develop and mature new technologies or manufacturing processes to meet production demands.
A major focus of this mission critical engineering role will involve establishing and operating a hardware in the loop environment to integrate and measure performance of sensor systems and air frames. Related tasks will include building interface boards, interacting with software engineering, designing/specifying various electrical interfaces.
The engineer will have an opportunity have an impact on the following areas: Requirements analysis/derivation, concept development, hardware architecture, component selection, schematic capture, reliability analysis (derating, thermal, signal integrity, power integrity, stability, overstress), design verification, system integration, and qualification.
The engineer may mentor less experienced team members and may function as a technical or project lead. The engineer will collaborate routinely with other engineering disciplines to include systems, firmware, mechanical, and safety engineers. The engineer may have an opportunity to attend related industry conference. The engineer will have an opportunity to keep up-to-date on industry best practices. We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Successful attributes for this position: lifelong learner, person of integrity, passion for technology, relationship builder, and courageous in actions.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this specific role we will need an interim secret to start and a final secret clearance eventually.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
Desired Skills: - A MS level degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field
- Experience with hardware in the loop (HWIL) testing
- Prior experience with analog to digital or digital to analog converters
- Mixed signal design experience
- Prior experience working in the aerospace or defense sector would be a plus.
- Prior experience working in an electronics laboratory setting with electronics test equipment
- Experience with building interface boards
- Experience working with printed wiring boards
- Experience with Cadence Concept (schematic capture) and Cadence Allegro (circuit layout) or similar tools
- Experience with Sigrity, Hyperlynx, Synplify Pro, and/or PSPICE (circuit analysis) or similar tools
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
- A BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or closely related technical field or equivalent experience/combined education
- Advanced skills and experience with circuit design
--The ability to work effectively in a hardware in the loop (HWIL) lab environment
- Familiarity with designing and building electrical interfaces
- A solid understanding of circuit analysis, troubleshooting, test instrumentation, and data analysis tools
- The technical ability to effectively to define and interpret system level requirements and derive the requirements necessary to interface between lab and supplier hardware
- The ability to work well in a teaming environment with other disciplines (Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.)
- The ability to obtain a Secret level clearance is also required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top