Senior Avionics Systems Design Engineer
Description: Work on innovative programs - find meaningful solutions - make an impact.
As part of the Sikorsky Aircraft team, you will help shape the future of vertical flight using advanced technology while working with the best minds in the industry on next-generation helicopter design solutions.
Seeking an Avionics Engineer with a demonstrated ability to design, develop, integrate, and qualify Avionics systems for the world's leader in vertical flight solutions. You will work with a talented team of engineers and analysts to develop technical system requirements, oversee subsystem design and development, perform system integration, as well as conduct flight test efforts on military helicopter programs. You will also have the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology-cybersecurity, autonomy, advanced flight controls, machine learning systems, high bandwidth secure communications and more.
• Support the full lifecycle of systems development for avionics products including concept design, system architecture, definition and management of requirements, modeling and simulation, managing suppliers, managing cost and schedule, System Integration Laboratory (SIL) integration, aircraft integration, verification, and flight testing.
• Define, develop and document specifications, and qualify integrated system solutions for military aircraft, such as the Black Hawk and Combat Rescue Helicopter.
• Participate in technical reviews of military avionics systems.
• Work with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and Sikorsky technical leaders.
• Provide technical support for avionics system safety and certification processes.
• Lead activities such as failure Investigations, root cause analysis and corrective action. Develop lessons learned, issue resolutions, and design standards.
• Provide engineering support, within your specialty, to teams working on performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives.
The winning applicant must be effective working in a highly collaborative team environment to accomplish program objectives. Strong verbal and writing skills are essential. Looking for hands-on expertise in design, analysis, development and operation of aircraft systems and avionics sub-systems (helicopters preferred).
Desired Skills: • Digital Bus Architecture
• Familiarity with DO-178 Software Certification and/or DO-254 Electronics Hardware Certification.
• Knowledge of Mil Standards, Digital Busses architecture (Ethernet, ARINC-429, MIL-STD- 1553)
• Working knowledge of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) technical standard.
• Working knowledge in an Agile Development environment.
• Working knowledge of EVMS / Control Account Management.
• WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, VISIO.
• 5 years' technical experience in requirements definition, architecture, integration, verification, and qualification.
• Black Hawk Avionics Architecture
Engineering or STEM related bachelor's degree
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top