Satellite Systems Engineer
Description: Candidate will perform the role of Mission Planner / Orbit Analyst (MP/OA). The MP/OA is responsible for generating the weekly and daily mission plans required to execute tasking objectives. In addition, the MP/OA will generate and update technical documentation and checklists required to support customer requirements. The MP/OA will identify required corrective actions that were necessary for mission success. The MP/OA will generate current orbit, sun and moon conjunctions, eclipse reports, and collision avoidance products for use by the customer in support of mission requirements. The MP/OA will generate, test, and provide operational support to orbit adjust maneuvers. The MP/OA will coordinate with the operations crews, factory, and customer, and will provide necessary documentation pertaining to testing, mission execution, and corrective actions. The MP/OA position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts, and techniques. The MP/OA is required to develop and maintain MP/OA procedures and support the program's configuration management (CM) process. The MP/OA is also required to conduct frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Position will require on-call support as well as periodic off-hour shifts in support of mission activities.
Desired Skills: • Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
• STK/orbital analysis program experience
• Satellite maneuver tool/technique experience
• Experience with astrodynamics and orbital mechanics including classical orbital (Keplerian) elements
• Microsoft Office proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
• Satellite Operations experience
• Command scripting
• Experience with operating LM Horizon C2 system
• Knowledge of feedback control systems, direction cosine matrix, Euler angles, quaternion math, and classic mechanics
• Knowledge of basic coding skills in one or more programming language
• Experience with MATLAB, SQL, HTML, Python, UNIX/Linux
• Previous operations experience
• Experience establishing customer intimacy
• Problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across sites in a multi-contractor team
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline. 3+ years of experience maybe substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the proven ability to work in close relations with an operations team with close customer interactions
• Demonstrated expertise (3+ years) as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of Mission Planning and Orbital Analysis
•Selected candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top