Safety & RMA Engineer
Description:Primarily responsible for developing and optimizing System Safety, Reliability, Maintainability & Availability / testability (RMA) approaches for system of systems, systems, subsystems and components. Specific tasks include:
• Ability to influence the complete product life cycle; requirements development, design, verification test, and sustainment based on program requirements by resolving Safety & RMA technical issues using analysis, data, industry practices, lessons learned, experimentation, trade studies and academic research.
• Ability to evaluate impact of environmental and operational factors directly related to Safety & RMA approach, analysis, and testing.
• Perform trade studies to optimize Safety & RMA performance, and total ownership cost.
• Allocate, derive and document Safety & RMA requirements and analysis including the application of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis / Criticality Analysis / Diagnostics Analysis (FMEA/FMECA/FMEDA), Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis, reliability analysis, initial built in test assessments & associated techniques to drive and refine the design.
• Ability to plan and perform Safety & RMA testing including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) and utilize reliability growth models as part of an overall safety & reliability program.
• Implementation of Failure Reporting And Corrective Actions Systems (FRACAS) process and interpreting statistical data derived from physics of failure analysis & data to determine root cause and corrective actions to eliminate failure modes.
• Integration of safety, reliability, maintainability, and availability including Testability/Diagnostics with sustainment programs i.e Performance Based Logistics (PBL)
Conduct design analysis and system modeling, applying system engineering principles with emphasis on safety, reliability, maintainability and testability, systems diagnostics, and troubleshooting. Also will develop analytical solutions to tasks within the System Safety & RMA discipline. Needs to possess good communication skills for customer presentations and have the ability to work in a team environment as part of a multi-disciplined team effort involving many companies and customers.
Required skills: Engineering Degree (EE, ME, IE), Microsoft Office, Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Four year Engineering degree from an accredited college in applicable field (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science), or equivalent experience/combined education.. Able to receive a Security clearance (no clearance required prior to start). Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
Technical team participation, requirements development, system design, problem analysis and resolution, integration and test, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires an engineering academic background in either Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering. May also entertain Math/Physics backgrounds.
Requires experience or educational background in one or more of the following areas:
- Probability and statistics
- Mathematical modeling
- Electronic system testing
- NI LabVIEW
- MS Office Professional
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
Prior knowledge of Radar systems, background in RF or communications systems, technical team leadership, experience with modeling and simulation, research and development, and excellent presentation and customer interaction skills. XML, HTML, Visio
Active Final Secret clearance desired.
Back to top