RF Engineer/Research Scientist, Staff
- Sunnyvale, CA
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are searching for a RF Engineer/Research Scientist to join our exceptional team. In this role you will support the Advanced Technology Center (ATC) by defining, designing, implementing, and testing novel RF communications systems. We are seeking a colleague who can:
• Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with a team of talented research engineers to bring ideas to fruition.
• Multi-task, manage priorities, and communicate effectively using verbal and written skills.
• Pursue intellectual property, such as patents and trade secrets.
• Demonstrate knowledge of RF communication system tradeoffs in terms of performance and complexity.
You would typically have a Bachelors degree and 9 years of experience, or a Masters degree and 7 years of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Wireless communications engineer or systems engineer with wireless communications expertise
• Strong knowledge of RF and Digital Signal Processing engineering, technologies, and techniques
• Practical, hands-on experience building RF communication proof of concepts and prototypes
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance
• Experience with DoD protected wireless communications systems and waveforms
• Experience leading small multi-discipline teams of engineers and scientists
• Experience with 4G and/or 5G NR (New Radio) Communication Systems, especially Layer 1 & 2
• Track record of successful research and development projects in RF Communications
• Experience representing an organization as the technical lead for research activities, interfacing with internal and external customers and program leadership.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top