RF Engineering Intern
Description:The selected candidate, as a member of the Operations Analysis team in Palmdale, Ca, will perform modeling and analysis of military systems & operations. Collaborating with a team of analysts, the candidate will perform analysis to quantify the impact of system design, payloads, weapons & tactics, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and advanced technology employment on survivability & mission effectiveness; supporting requirements definition, operational & cost effectiveness studies, and military utility assessment. This position requires application of engineering/physical principles, analytical techniques, and mathematical concepts/theories to analyze the performance & effectiveness of system concepts.
Primary responsibilities will include modeling military systems performance and operational scenarios, preparing digital simulation input data, running engagement/mission simulations, analyzing simulation results, documenting results, and preparing presentations.
The selected applicant will be a member of a high-performing multi-site team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment is critical. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent internal interactions with project leads, other team members, and engineers in other disciplines within the Skunk Works.
Must be a US Citizen; this position requires a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Pursuing a four-year accredited degree program in engineering, physics, math or related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Scripting/programing experience (i.e. MATLAB, Perl/Python, C++, C#, JAVA)
• Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and application of engineering & mathematical skills to interpret technical system data
• Experience working on Windows or LINUX computer systems
• Mathematical and/or Statistical Modeling skills
• Design of experiments and/or optimization knowledge
• Experience in data mining, reduction, and analysis
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Active Secret or Top Secret Department of Defense clearance
Back to top