RF Design and Test Engineer
- Moorestown, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Determines most efficient and economical method of production testing; plans and writes test specifications methods and instructions manually or by using computers where required; adapts or modifies existing test equipment or designs new equipment and circuits to meet test specification requirements; and estimates cost of testing and test equipment to assure quality performance of manufactured electronic equipments and components.
Translates product performance specifications into production test specifications in accordance with company standards and practices, scheduling requirements, economy of operation and availability of equipment and facilities, by specifying type, method and frequency of test, tolerances to be held, type of equipment and labor classifications to be used and necessary facilities for test equipment setup, working from blueprints, performance specifications, models, parts, and other pertinent quality or engineering information; consults with design engineers and suggests design changes to facilitate test operations; investigates availability of test equipment and initiates requests for additional equipment to be designed, built, and/or purchased; specifies and designs manufacturing test fixtures and adapts or modifies existing test equipment based on recognized applications of existing circuits or equipment altered to meet test specification requirements in accordance with company standards and practices; designs manufacturing test equipment and circuits generally of a new or complex nature for performance of production test requirements; may prepare sketches or drawings using drafting tools or CAD software as required; operates computers as required for the generation of process information, programs and uses computers on general and special purpose test equipment for the conducting of tests per test specifications, uses computers to program diagnostic information into test equipment, and directs adaptation or modification of existing test equipment; inspects, tests and adjusts test equipment, making modifications by changing parts, using hand tools; may set up production test equipment and may instruct hourly test men in performance of production test; prepares instruction leaflets covering operation and maintenance of test equipment as required; makes changes in test specifications as necessitated by changes in design, or product performance specifications, or to improve quality; may prepare estimates of production test costs including purchase of test equipment, design and construction of new test equipment and facilities, installation and maintenance costs and labor costs of test operations for inclusion in overall manufacturing estimates for price-commitment or vendor bid; consults with vendor representatives to coordinate design and construction of test equipment
• Candidate should have experience/familiarity with passive and solid-sate RF Components, digital board layout, and schematic design.
• Candidate should have experience/familiarity with microwave RF measurement and troubleshooting techniques, digital signal probing and troubleshooting as well as ability to develop software in the test environment.
• Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented manufacturing environment. Effectively communicate both written and orally. Able to take on leadership roles and manage test projects efficiently.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to starting this position. Obtaining a security clearance requires US Citizenship.
BS Degree in a technical discipline or AS Degree in technical discipline & equivalent experiences.
• Familiar with RF Measurements - Small signal and high power gain, Noise Figure, S-Parameters.
• Experience with RF Test Equipment - Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Noise Figure Analyzers, Oscilloscopes.
• Experience with programming languages such as Visual Basic, LabVIEW, MATLAB, and Python.
• Automation experience inclusive of automated test programs and robotics.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top