Research Library Intern
Description:The Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Intern Program is a paid internship that provides undergraduate, graduate and PHD students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience at Lockheed Martin. Through project-oriented hands-on assignments and professional development activities, interns receive an overview of the Aeronautics business while contributing to the Company Research Library. The Company Research Library provides services for the Aeronautics business unit (approx. 14,000 people spread across 3 main sites) that include procurement, discoverability, cataloging, and creation of user guides and awareness materials.
• Performs professional library work under the supervision of a librarian.
• Provides library reference services for locating information and documents utilizing the appropriate technology and resources.
• Assists professional staff in classifying and cataloging books, documents, serials, and other library materials.
• Create user guides and promotional materials.
• Prepares periodic reports on the progress of internship and assignments
Bachelors degree in Information and/or Library Sciences preferred.
• Knowledge of library and information science cataloging and reference principles
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and SharePoint
• Advanced searching skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Knowledge of inter-library loan systems
• Knowledge of engineering, scientific and business subject matters
• Archival and records management knowledge
Back to top