Research and Development Intern
- Eagan, MN
Description:Research and Development Intern
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs
Eagan, MN - St. Paul Metro Area
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the advanced computing asset of Lockheed Martin Corporation - a global enterprise with core businesses in systems integration, space, aeronautics, and technology services. The mission at the Advanced Technology Laboratories is to enhance the Corporation's competitive edge. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply "cutting edge" software technologies. We perform applied research in advanced signal processing, physics, acoustics and optical, wireless and networking.
This assignment involves modeling, simulation, design and testing of photonic systems and advanced computing systems. Candidates will partake in small, focused development team in order to create real world solutions using scientific first principals into innovative designs for applied technologies.
Knowledge of MATLAB, Labview, and/or RF and optical design and simulation tools is helpful. Hands on lab experience is preferred.
Candidates would work on one or more of the following topics:
* Embedded processing and algorithms for military applications
* Lab testing and integration of high performance ruggedized photonic/fiber optic systems
* Support modeling and simulation efforts related to these systems
* Suport for electrical, optical, and design efforts
• Candidate should be currently pursuing a BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, physics (waves or electromagnetic), computer engineering, or mechanical engineering program
Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, optical, or RF modeling/simulation/design tools;
Knowledge of MATLAB or Labview
Previous coursework in optics and photonics
* experience with research at the university level
Back to top