Remote Sensing/Structures Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Remote Sensing & Structures Engineer you will assist with designing critical program mechanical hardware. Tasks include:
- Perform solid modeling using ProE/CREO design tool,
- Create associated 2D drafting drawings required to produce/procure hardware
- Develop and maintain product designs and specifications associated with hardware, working with in-house manufacturing, ATLO, procurement, outside suppliers and parts engineering to determine applicable requirements
- Review requirements from various sources (dynamics, stress, systems, thermal, manufacturing, etc.) to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into the detailed design of the products
- Work in a product development environment on new designs as well as supporting existing and heritage applications.
- Ability to work with in house manufacturing, ATLO, and outside suppliers to drive them to deliver critical program hardware that meets requirements within applicable cost and schedule constraints
Mechanical Engineer responsible for the design of satellite system hardware through the full product life-cycle (Design, Build and Test). Use CAD software to generate 3D part and assembly models. Create, revise and release engineering work products. Collaborate effectively with program leadership, technical leadership, subject matter experts, peers, analysis, configuration control, procurement, planning and production to ensure requirements and schedules are met.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Mechanical design and integration knowledge
• Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling and drafting with knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Fundamental understanding of other disciplines including stress, dynamics, thermal analysis, production, electronics, systems engineering, etc.
• Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance; US citizenship required
• Creo and CAD data management (EPDM) experience
• Flight hardware experience
• Using CAD model as record of authority (Data Set Rating 4 and/or 6) experience
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin specifications/tools/procedures
• Knowledge of composite structure design and fabrication
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation
• Experience with test methods, planning and execution
• Experience working with other LM operating units
• Hands-on hardware experience
• Experience working with suppliers
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top